Susanna will be at both services on Sunday 19th June and will be giving us an update of her ministry, along with Nelson Salviano, after the morning service 11.20-12 midday, so do come along to hear more from them about their work & to pray for them.
1. Give thanks that I'm getting close to a full draft of Genesis for the Plain English Version (PEV) Bible. Pray for perseverance and care over the last few chapters, and that I won't be tempted to speed up towards the finish line!
2. Pray for the printing and publication of the PEV Mini-Bible (containing 70% of the New Testament and a few excerpts of the Old Testament). There have been a lot of delays and obstacles in this process and we sense this may be a spiritual attack against God's word going out. Pray that the devil's schemes will not prevail.
3. Pray for the small number of (mostly elderly) Aboriginal Christians who are doing Bible translation in their own languages and communities. Pray that God will raise up people trained in theology and linguistics to live alongside them and support them in their work.
4. Pray for a number of Aboriginal communities that have experienced unrest and violence in recent times. Pray that Christians in these communities will have a calming and wholesome influence on others, and resist being drawn into aggression against their neighbours.
5. Praise God for a number of young people who've contacted us over the last few months to express interest in working in Bible translation. Pray that we will encourage and support them well as they consider how to use their lives and skills for God's kingdom.
6. Give thanks for everyone who partners with me in my ministry through prayers, fellowship and financial gifts, freeing me up to serve as a volunteer with Wycliffe. Please pray for wisdom as I consider my future support needs and whether and when to seek some new partnerships with churches or individuals.
7. Give thanks for my Christian family at Christ Church Cathedral in Darwin, and pray that I'll serve well in my capacity as a youth Bible study leader and as part of the core team for a new missional evening service.