This week we are praying for Susanna Baldwin in Darwin, Australia working with Wycliffe on a PEV (Plain English Version) Bible translation project.
1. Give thanks for my progress in drafting chapters of Genesis for the Plain English Version (PEV) Bible, and that our Aboriginal test-readers have found them clear and easy to understand.
2. Pray that I will never reduce my translation work to a merely academic task, but that I will rejoice in the privilege of handling God's life-giving words and depend on his Spirit for guidance at all times.
3. The Plain English Version (PEV) 'Mini-Bible' is in the pipeline for publication soon, containing 70% of the New Testament and some small excerpts of the Old Testament. Pray for all to run smoothly and that many indigenous Christians, churches and communities will be blessed by receiving these Scriptures.
4. Pray that God will raise up more workers to serve in Bible translation and related ministries in the Top End of Australia. We are desperately under-resourced.
5. Pray for good and gracious relationships within my field organisation, especially where there are historical hurts and ongoing potential for conflict and ill-feeling between individuals. Pray for unity and that the devil will not get a foothold among us.
6. As Covid ramps up around Australia, pray that God will mercifully keep the virus out of vulnerable Indigenous communities.
7. Pray for the decisions I will need to make later in the year about whether to return to Ethiopia (health and political situations permitting) or to stay longer in the Northern Territory.