Latest news and 'Thought for the day'
Thought for the Day by Phil Moon (Vicar)
Acts 1:8 “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.”
And we have gone. Christian people have gone ever since that day when the promise of Acts 1:8 began to be fulfilled, on the day of Pentecost. We have gone to our neighbours, we have gone to our colleagues, we have gone to our friends, we have gone to our families, we have gone to our team-mates, we have gone to our youth groups, we have gone to our children’s groups, we have gone to Africa, Asia, North and South America, to Europe, Australasia. We have gone to the world. With the Gospel of Jesus, crucified and now risen from the dead and reigning in Heaven.
And we still go. Today, tomorrow, this week. Because the world still needs to hear about Jesus. Our job, our commission is not finished, and will not be finished until that great day when Jesus returns. Then we can stop. And rest. But until then, we have gone. And we still go.
What's happening online tomorrow at Bishop Hannington
Sunday Morning Service premieres at 10:00 on the website Acts 1:12-26 Phil Moon preaching
Suitable for everyone with separate children’s activities
Sunday Evening Service premieres at 18:00 (due to the fact that the Prime Minster is speaking at 19:00) on the website Ephesians 6:1-9 Stephen Demetriou Preaching
Suitable for everyone
Sunday: KO Hangout - 7:30-8:30
For KO young people a chance to chat together after the evening service has gone live and chat about our faith.
Message Stephen to get involved.
Feast Hangout 8:00-9:30
For Feast people to have a bible study
Message Alex to get involved.
Coffee and chat
This week there will be 2 'lockdown' coffee and chat sessions on zoom that anyone can join.
Tuesday 12 May 17.30
Thursday 14 May 15.30
The link and passwords are the same as last week. If you are new to the chat and would like to join in please can you email Giles on email@example.com for the link and passwords.
A thank you from the Gages
We want to say a huge thank you for your kind leaving gifts to us, including the beautiful flowers. Thank you also for all the many lovely cards we’ve received. We were very touched by the video that many of you contributed to, a precious reminder of some of our church family. It did make us cry a little, in a good way! The financial gift was so generous, thank you. We plan to use it to buy fun and beautiful things for our new garden, mostly likely a swing and slide set, a couple of fruit trees and some raised beds to grow vegetables.
We also want to say a particular thank you to Phil and Anna who have been wonderful leaders and friends to us in our 4 years at BH and all of the staff team who have been so great to work with. We’ve really appreciated your faith, creativity, patience and care.
We’ve been thinking about some of our favourite memories of our time at BH and thought actually perhaps you might want to do the same even though you’re not leaving! – it really helps to be thankful and realise just how special church is.
Here are a few of ours:
- Church away days with great fellowship, fun and Bible teaching (Ben and Sammy particularly want to mention the swimming there, the children’s groups and Chris Martyr playing football with them!)
- Seeing people grow in their faith or come to know Jesus for the first time through courses like Alpha and Christianity Explored.
- The Light Bright Family Fun Night and Holiday clubs.
- The joy of baptisms and weddings.
- Women’s Fellowship teas where we were fed delicious scones, cakes and sandwiches.
- Raising money for the youth and community centre and the grand opening of it (the boys loved being in the choir.)
- The wonderful yearly women’s retreat.
- Singing in the Christmas choir.
- Meeting one to one to study the Bible with other Christians
- Lively discussions, fellowship and laughter with our Small group
- Tiddliwinks and Tuesday group Bible studies and craft sessions.
- Some very lovely Sunday lunches with church family.
- The monthly Mix service.
- Prayer triplet.
- 24/7 prayer times
- Fun games and great questions from the Climbers kids and the faith and care of the leaders in each of the groups that Ben and Sammy were part of on a Sunday morning.
- The Christmas panto each year.
At the events and groups above we saw the body of Christ working together brilliantly to serve each other and the community. Although many of these groups/events can’t take place at the moment or have to be done differently, Jesus being at the heart of BH remains the same. We see the church still serving each other and the community, and what a joy it has been to worship and pray at the online Sunday services and the recent monthly prayer meeting. We will miss BH very much but are excited about our future ministry at St Peter’s, West Blatchington and look forward to still seeing you around!
Much love, Tim, Clare, Ben and Sammy
Mental Health Awareness 2021
Please follow the link below to our Resources page for more information.
We have now restarted in church services with 8.00am, 10.00am and 6.30pm services. Numbers for the 10am & 6.30am services will still be limited and must be booked in advance via MyChurchSuite or the website. These services will still be livestreamed on YouTube which can be accessed direct via the website or via MyChurchSuite.