Position vacant: Church Operations Manager
Position vacant: Voluntary Staff Worker
Beginning September 2019
We are advertising for someone to be our Voluntary Staff Worker for the 1st September 2019 - 31st August 2020.
Being a VSW involves training, ministry experience and serving in the church.
If you would like to find out more please contact Tim Gage.
- To be fully involved and integrated within the staff team at Bishop Hannington Church.
- To spend approximately one third of your week on ministry where you will have involvement in at least one area of ministry, depending on the needs of the church and your abilities. This may include anything from working with Children, young people or older people.
- To spend approximately one third of your week on training – This is done through the excellent Sussex Gospel Partnership Ministry Training Course, which will help to equip you in your areas of ministry. The training element also includes regular one-to-one sessions with your line manager. Included in this section is an expectation of some personal study.
- To spend approximately one third of your week on practical tasks. This will include shifting chairs, DIY, room set up, clerical work but might cover any manner of other duties, as required and as you are able.
- To be willing to participate in special activities as and when they may arise at the direction of your line manager.